Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cropped Cardigan by Stephanie Japel, Progress Post

Been a little MIA lately. But I have NOT been unproductive:

Better?

Here's a little sneak peek at the Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties by Stephanie Japel (current knitty surprise). It should be finished by the end of this weekend. Can't say I'm completely in love with it. After trying it on, I think I could have gotten away with a size smaller. Which makes me think that I should always make sweaters with negative ease, no matter what the numbers say. I figured since it was a cardigan I'd want a little extra room. Thankfully, it's 100% cotton and may shrink a bit once my building's "washer/dryer of death" gets a hold of it.

Better gauge swatching would probably help too. But I like to skimp on that and get to the good stuff. Blasphemy, I know.

I have some special news!

I fed alpacas!

I spun!

I spun alpaca fiber!

And I have pictures!!!

But you have to wait, because the pics were taken on my Mom's camera and I have yet to receive them. I'll start bugging her soon. She just moved, but this is important. This is ALPACAS, damnit!

No comments: