Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Stuff



A hiatus and stashbusting FO. Double-score!

I wore it for the first time today. I’m a little iffy about the “flattering” nature of this design. It’s the Ballet Tee from Loop-d-Loop. It's probably not the best design for my figure. I know other people have had issues with this. I’ll wear it, but you won’t see me waiting by the dryer for this. Especially since the dryer makes it grow strange fuzzies. Well, I’m not sure if it’s the dryer or the economy cotton I chose to knit it with. Who knows?

Thanks so much for the kind words on the “green feet” socks. I’m sure I’ll be re-naming it something spiffier when I post the pattern. I’d love to see the sock in different colors. Hell, it might look better. (hint, hint)

I can’t tell you how delighted I was to see comments on my recent posts. Thanks so much for sticking with me. Considering my blogging skills are amateur (at best) and that there a pasquillion other blogs out there, I’m so surprised I’ve managed to keep your interest. I’m glad you stuck around because I’m feeling refreshed after my hiatus and I’m aiming to step up “my game”.

Anyhoosen…

Not much in knitting content to report. I’m working on the Cropped Cardigan with Leaf Ties by Stefanie Japel which was posted as this Knitty’s surprise. I’m just about ready to split the sleeves and work solely on the body. I’m excited, It’s a cute top-down cardigan which is guaranteed to eat up 10 skeins of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton I have in my stash.

Yes, 2007 is the “Year of the Stashbuster” for me. I know someone out there in blogland is hosting a Stashbusting event. I’m not biting off of someone else’s idea, honest. I resigned myself to knitting only from my stash before I came across the event. My main motivation is to clear out my collection of cheapy acrylic and cotton yarn so I can by somewhat nicer yarn. You know, yarn that originates from some exotic animals nether regions. Plus, it would be cool to be a knitter who's not dependent on fossil fuels.

1 comment:

joshua said...

Hey, so nice to have found this very compelling blog of yours, so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool!