Saturday, September 30, 2006

Zoe X-Mas Knit


So this is my Zoe X-mas Project. For those of you just tuning in Zoe is my baby neice. I find the degeneration of my original idea to what I actually have quite comical. I went from the super cute Trellis sweater to a square with some intarsia (or fair isle, colorwork, whatever). In the end I decided to make the square into a bib by adding some i-cord straps to the ends. It's not bad, but not completely X-mas worthy on it's own. I plan on making something else from the book Knitted Toys by Fiona McTague. I got it from the library along with Beautiful Knitting Patterns by Gisela Kloepper. It's another one of those books that just has stitch patterns and charts. I love it! It's inspiring to page through and drool over the lace and aran patterns. There's more stitch patterns in there but those are my favorite. Oh, if you get the Knitted Toys book you abosutely must NOT knit the clown. If you knit the clown it will come alive at night while you're sleeping and eat you. That's what my brother would tell you, which is why I should knit it for him. ;)

Next up is a knitted toy for Zoe. Hopefully, I can get a good start on that before Socktoberfest. I don't plan on starting right on the Oct.1, but I might gauge swatch or something to celebrate.

My mother is visiting this weekend so we'll be out and about today. We're checking out the Regional Farmer's Market, CNY Great Pumpkinfest, and of course, no Syracuse visit is complete without a stop by the Dinosaur BBQ. I hope she likes mounds of meat!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That so cute. Your description of the toy clown totally cracked me up! (I admit I have a tiny clown phobia. They're just creepy!)