Monday, July 24, 2006

SmockTop Sundress Finished!

My first successful attempt at sewing without a pattern. I'm quite proud of myself. I LOVE this fabric. It's light and silky and just perfect for summer.

SmockDress (6) SmockDress (5)

And me modeling, not the best picture, but whatever:

SmockDress (1)

If I were to do it again I would make the "bodice" piece a bit wider. The top section lies right at my natural waist, which is something I'm not really comfortable with. I like stuff to sit below my waist. That's just me.

Overall, I'm happy with the results. But I definately got the sewing bug off of me. I probably won't be sewing anything again for a long, long time.

I'll make up a tutorial if anyone's interested. :)

2 comments:

Karin said...

Very cute! Nice job sewing it up.

Erin said...

Wow, you did that without a pattern? I'm so impressed!