Thursday, April 20, 2006

Remember...?

Ok, so y'all remember that CD Swap I did on craftster? I don't think I ever posted my playlist or my partner's. But here they are if you're interested.

The CD my partner made:
1. "take me" 3kstatic featuring louise fraser
2. "love is the drug" roxy music
3. "another one bites the dust" queen
4. "hope of deliverance"- paul mcartney
5. "airwaves"-thomas dolby
6. "gravity never failed"- omd
7. "the way you like it"-hook the captain
8. "no new tale to tell"-love & rockets
9. "silver screen shower scene"- felix da housecat
10. "end of the reel"- 3kstatic
11. "in your eyes"- peter gabriel
12. "secret oktober"- duran duran
13 "a way"- the bolshoi
14. "chains of love"- erasure
15. "no reply at all"- genesis
16. "six underground"- sneaker pimps
17. "extraordinary machine"- fiona apple

A great mix. I've been listening to it quite a bit lately. The overall feel is like electronica-techno/new wave/80's which is cool because I love all three of those genres. I especially like the 3kstatic songs and will be checking out more of their stuff. And who doesn't love that song by the Sneaker Pimps?

Here is the CD I made:

David Bowie "Golden Years"
Barenaked Ladies, "Conventioneers"
Annie Lennox "Little Bird"
Eva Cassidy "Blue Skies"
The Killers "Smile Like You Mean It"
Garbage "Cup of Coffee"
Yoko Kanno ""First Vision" (instrumental from Escaflowne: The Movie)
Bjork "Possibly Maybe"
Diana Krall "The Look of Love" (cool)
Tori Amos "Crucify"
Nine Inch Nails, "Everyday is Exactly the Same"
Annie Lennox, "Cold"
Enya "Books of Days"
Madonna "Isaac"
Sarah McLachlan "Elsewhere"
Bjork "PLay Dead"
TaTU "Stars"
Eva Cassidy "What a Wonderful World"

Sort of a folky/electronica/jazzy type deal. My partner says she likes it. YEAH!

In case you can't tell, I got nothing in the knitting area. I haven't done much in the last few days. I CO on for Jaywalker Sock #2 last night, and row 2 of the Mountain Laurel Blanket is sewn together (two more to go and a border). I'm anxious to start the Anthropologie Inspired Capelet, which I don't even have yarn for. It'll be such a quick knit, but I'm forcing myself to wait until I finish the Jaywalkers. Come on size 1 dpns, don't fail me now! But actually I have a sewing project going on right now. Sewing, you say? Esk-ibby? It's more like a reconstruction project. I'll have pics this weekend.

I watched a movie called "Coffee and Cigarettes" last night. Skip this one, unless you like movies that are too artsy for their own good.

No comments: