- Swimming (as long as there is no goose poop on the beach *crosses fingers*)
- Canoeing (can rent them on site)
- Cooking dinner over a fire outdoors (this idea of this fascinates me, even if it is just hot dogs)
- Tent sleeping (which isn't bad with an air mattress, again, sleeping without proper roof=fascinating)
- Waking up at the crack of dawn, in which case we will do one of the first 3 activities again.
- Q: Would toasting pop-tarts over a fire be a complete disaster?
- Travel to Alexandria Bay, NY (about 10 min from park)
- Go on 2-Nation, 2-Hour boat tour of the 1,000 Islands
- Stop by Boldt Castle on Heart Island and ponder yet again why I am not independently wealthy. Also take lots of pictures.
- Go Mini-Golfing
- See other sites in Alex-Bay
As you can see, there is no knitting on that list. But that's ok. I'm almost finished with the back part of "Eliza". Maybe I'll finish that tonight for good measure. I'll be sure to post pics of my trip and progress pics of Eliza next week.
Other activities I have planned for this summer in no particular order:
- Utica Boilermaker 15K (yeah, 15k. I'm training now with a friend from work and I have to say the heat is making me a little discouraged, but I'm trying to stay positive. Call me crazy, but I'd much rather run in 30 deg cold than 75 deg heat. But at least I can say: "yeah, I ran 9.3 miles on a hot summer's day just to see if I could." or is that really something I should brag about....?)
- JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge (this is a 3.5 miler happening August 1 at Onondaga Lake Park and after that15 k, this should be a piece of cake. Check and see if your company is participating. It's a great event for runners and walkers alike.)