Friday, February 24, 2006

Knitter Knirvana, Part 2 (I hate you Blogger)

Ok, this is the part of yesterday's post that just doesn't seem to want to publish.

So here’s the baby blanket I want to make for Zoe. It’s definitely fancier than I was originally planning, but it’s so damn purdy I can’t pass it up. And honestly none of the other baby blankets appealed to me (ie, Big Bad Baby Blanket from SnB). And yes, I know that it’s not a blanket for ME but I wanted to knit something that wasn’t plain and boring. This is more like an heirloom, though I want them to get some use out of it so I’m going to knit with Caron Simply Soft so they can chuck it in the washer and dryer. Wish me luck. Estimated CO time-2 weeks from now. Maybe sooner. That’ll give me time to finish up the SIL’s mj’s and the stuff for the CD swap and make a big dent in the Ballet Wrap Cardigan (which I now dub the “BWC”).

Pics of the Rapunzel sock and possibly of other WIP’s will be up this weekend so check back. Until then…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby blanket is gorgeous. I think it would take me a couple of years to finish! Good luck on it!

Karin said...

Gorgeous pattern! That would make a nice afghan too I bet.

Anonymous said...

Cathy that blanket is truly beautiful. What color will you knit it in? The star motif reminds me of the back of the purple sweater in the new IK.
What a lucky baby - and parents - to have such a wonderful keepsake.