So here are the details on Saxon Scarf for those who are interested in making one:
- I'm working this with LB Wool-Ease Worsted (in Mushroom) on Denise Interchangeables US 9. I'm figuring I'll use about 1.5 skeins.
- The cable pattern is a generic Saxon Braid. You can find a chart and written instructions here. I'm using instructions from my copy of Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting (see previous post by that title).
- I added some rib edging and border to the panel. So... here's my first psuedo-knitting pattern (please, be kind):
- CO 38 sts
- Work 4 rows in 2x2 rib (k2,p2 repeat)
- Row 5 (WS): K2,P2,K2 , row 1 of cable panel, K2,P2,K2
- Row 6 (RS): P2, K2, P2, row 2 of cable panel, P2, K2, P2
- Continue with border and cabel panel until desired length
On other knitting news: I'm still working Hourglass (take 2), and I plan to finish Saxon Scarf this weekend.