Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Confessions of an Imperfect Knitter #2

Being an imperfect knitter doesn't just apply just to your actual knitting product. It can also apply to the choices you make when deciding WHAT to knit. Here is my second Imperfect Knitting confession: I never pick the right things to knit (also applies to sewing and store bought items). Especially, when it comes to clothing items. I am a sucker for cute things, and I never actually think about how they will look on me. As much as I hate to admit this. As much as I hate to think about the time and patience and effort I put into this project. Blackberry was a VERY wrong choice for me. These pictures were taken at about 9:30 last night:


Note: I am sooo not photogenic so I will normally crop my head off in pictures



Except in this one...Bad Hair DAY!

Laying on the bed, the sweater is cute. On me, it's football padding. Mr. V thinks I look like a green Matador. And I think I have to agree with him on that. *SIGH* Sooo... This is what Blackberry looks like as of now:




It is partially deconstructed and ready for it's next incarnation. When I get depressed about all the time I wasted, and my insistance on perpetuating this viscious cycle of bad fashion sense, I try to think about the positive things I took from this endeavor: I learned how to bobble, wishbone cable, and I got more practice at picking up stitches and seaming.

So I must search for another sweater for this lovely, slightly chunky, green yarn. I'm thinking the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I put a hold on a copy at my library and will hopefully have it in a few days. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Mia said...

Awww, poor blackberry! I wish I had gotten to see it on you without the pin.. I think leaving it open might have looked nice!

But I feel your pain sistah *grin*

I'll think on a good pattern suggestion.. until then, maybe a cocktail would be in order?

Karin said...

You could make a Mariah sweater from knitty. It's not so hard and it's close fitting and won't give you the bulkiness you didn't like with this sweater.

Cathy said...

Trust me, leaving it open made it worse. Mia, no sipping and stitching for me. ;) I partially over it already for I've started the Dayflower Scarf. My first lace, we'll see how that goes.